It doesn’t matter who you are, where you come from, what you do for a living, or what your favorite hobby is: you probably want better, healthier skin. At the same time, trying to navigate the scientific and medical jargon associated with modern skincare can be completely draining.
Who has time to come home at the end of a busy day at the office or a busy day with the kids and just spend hours on the internet trying to learn how to create the perfect skincare routine? Absolutely nobody and anyone who says they do is probably lying! Thankfully, you don’t have to completely abandon your lifestyle just to feel comfortable with your skincare.
In this article, let’s explore some of the ways that you can achieve soft, smooth skin without having to clone yourself and be in tons of places all at once. Let’s face it: as nice as that sounds, it just isn’t ever going to happen.
How Can You Make Your Skin Smooth And Silky?
If you had to pick some common adjectives to describe what your ideal skin situation would be, you’d probably use words like soft, smooth, silky, clear. These words describe both the way you want your skin to feel AND the way you want the water on your next tropical island vacation to be. While the tropical island vacation may be a little bit out of reach, smooth, clear skin definitely isn’t!
There are a ton of ways that you can prioritize your skin’s health, so don’t panic if the first things you try don’t work for you. The most important thing to keep in mind through any personal hygiene process is that every one of us is made differently, so you’ll have to pay close attention to what your skin tells you about how it feels before you give up.
Some of the most common skin ailments are dry skin, acne, irritated skin, flaking skin, and hair in unwanted places. Let’s dissect each one of these and learn how to deal individually with each problem.
Dealing With Dry Skin
One of the absolute WORST things to have to deal with in the morning is realizing that while you slept, your skin decided to get completely dehydrated and flaky on you, drying out, cracking, and just being all-around irritating. Some of the most common symptoms of dehydrated and dry skin are scaling, flaking, peeling, skin that feels rough to the touch, skin tightness, itching, or cracking. The most common causes of dry skin are: cold, dry air in the winter, taking long and frequent showers or baths, some soaps and detergents, and just general dehydration.
If you’re looking to tackle dry skin, we’ve got you covered! Here are some of the best steps to try:
- The first step is incredibly easy: drink some water! Water is a girl’s best friend for various simple-to-solve cosmetic issues, so make sure that you keep your whole body hydrated for a chance at complete hydration inside and out. Being hydrated will not only help you get rid of dry skin, but it’ll also give you a glow, boost your hair’s health, and just make you feel better overall!
- Next, try moisturizing! If you’ve got dry skin, look into skin ointments that help lock in moisture, but make sure you avoid harsh skincare products that include alcohol, harsh chemicals, or other ingredients such as parabens.
- Finally, you might have to change your hygiene routine. Depending on which soap you use in the shower or on your hands, it may be stripping away your skin’s natural moisture in an attempt to get you super clean. Ditch the harsh soaps and find one that’s gentle or look for a cleanser that includes a moisturizing agent.
Dealing With Acne
Short disclaimer: we’re not really dealing with chronic acne here, but instead with infrequent breakouts that can be resolved by changing up your daily routine. If you suffer from chronic acne or if your current routine isn’t making the right changes, consider looking into getting help from a dermatologist.
However, if you’re having trouble with infrequent flare-ups or the occasional pimple that decides to introduce itself right before a date with a cute guy, then join the club! Here are some easy ways to tackle breakouts or acne.
- Understand what acne is: acne is basically just hair follicles or pores on your face or body that get clogged with dead skin cells, oil, or dirt. By understanding exactly what acne is, you’ll definitely have a better shot at tackling it yourself.
- Once you know what you’re up against, the next step is to learn how to cleanse your pores (usually facial pores) regularly with a gentle cleanser that won’t strip moisture but that will leave you feeling clean.
- Exfoliate! Once you’ve cleansed your skin, clear away any dead skin cells or dry skin by using a light abrasive like an exfoliating body wash.
- Finally, avoid clogging up those pores again by touching your face less, making sure you fully remove makeup, and just trying to stay overall just slightly more hygienic.
Dealing With Unwanted Body Hair
The final thing we’re going to tackle is how to get rid of the bane of our existence, especially in the summer: unwanted body hair. If you’re focused on achieving super soft, smooth skin, chances are you might want to get rid of the annoying little hairs that can totally ruin your cute beach Insta photo.
While shaving can work in some circumstances and on some parts of the body, you might want to look into something a bit more permanent like Intense Pulsed Light treatment, or IPL.
Your first question is probably super obvious: what even is IPL? We’re glad you asked! IPL is a new method for removing hair that’s gaining popularity due to its ease of use, cost-effectiveness, and because you can literally just do it at home by yourself!
It’s a modern technology that aims to remove unwanted hair and increase collagen production in the skin. IPL emits a series of different wavelengths that scatter within the skin, reaching various depths to stunt the growth of hair and to eventually remove it altogether!
If you’re looking to remove unwanted hair with ease and with no ingrown hairs, buy an IPL device that you can use from the comfort of your own home directly from KENZZI, the IPL Laser Hair Removal Handset. Finally, smooth skin is completely within your reach without having to give up parts of the rest of your life to get it!
Wanting smooth skin is completely valid, but the modern skincare industry does its best to convince you that you need a myriad of products with crazy names, a ton of money, and lots of free time that nobody has in order to achieve it. Thankfully, just by following the steps in this article and tweaking your routine just slightly, you can achieve soft, smooth skin with ease!